European studies indicate that youth in Europe faces challenges related to low level of development of soft competences such as:
- ability to work in interdisciplinary and international project groups
- ability of cross-cultural understanding, critical thinking, communication, self-direction and creativity
- low level of knowledge of quotidian English
- ability to create in interdisciplinary team a contextual game scenario on selected topics
- spirit of entrepreneurship
These challenges should be solved at transnational level as teaching entrepreneurialskills to III level students is becoming increasinglyrecognisedas a necessary skill for them to thrive in the 21st century.
However, traditional predominant teaching approach is passive learning. Learners receive lectures for the majority of class time, having little opportunity to give input through experiential exercises and team work.
Entrepreneurship education should focus on project based learning facilitating real life learning experiences. As a result, teaching soft skills to students is very difficult in a classroom within rtraditional system.
to make education with use of interdisciplinary groups focused on contextual games (CGs) a systematicdidactic approach widely used by higher education institutions, as well as these dealing with non-formal education.CGs are games strictly connected with real context-environment of the player, they stimulate interaction of players with other people in the real world. CGs are often connected to educational purposes, can be used for social integration of groups of people. Introduction of game element will enable students to develop in the attractive way, soft competences.
- to analyse challenges related to development of soft competences among students and to teaching these competences in Project countries, II. to stimulate development of soft competences among students by organisation of blended mobility for them during which they will develop together prototypesof CGs, III. to promote and build foundationsfor CGs as an innovative educational approach by elaboration of: 1) didactic courses on their development and 2) Protocol: Implementation Concept.
- 120 students of bachelor and master programmes (applied IT, graphical design, design, teacher training and telecom engineering, tourism) will take part in blended mobility.
- IO1 will provide deep knowledge on challenges related to learning by and teaching to students soft competences.
- IO1 will provide knowledge used in practice in blended mobility.
- IO2 will contain knowledge on CGs development. Blended mobility with IO3 will be foundationsfor CGs as a systematic approach.
- Work Package(WP) 1: PROJECT MANAGEMENTAND IMPLEMENTATION
- WP2: ANALYSIS OF CHALLENGESRELATED TO SOFT COMPETENCES
- detailed examination of the challenges related to 1) learning soft competences by students in Project countries 2) teaching soft competences among students by the teachers in Project countries
- preparation of national reports
- preparation of the collective report
- WP3: CREATION OF KNOWLEDGEBASE ON CONTEXTUALGAMES (CGs) DEVELOPMENT:
- elaboration of general introductory didactic courses
- testing the usefulness of general didactic courses on students and their feedback (virtual workshops)
- refinement of general introductory didactic courses modules based on feedback from students and teaching staff gathered during blended mobility
- elaboration of new didactic modules based on prototypes developed during blended mobility activities
- delivery of the final didactic courses (with new modules , taking into account feedback from blended mobility)
- WP4: BUILD FOUNDATIONS FOR CGs AS AN INNOVATIVE SYSTEMATIC EDUCATIONAL APPROACH:
- organization of blended mobility for students
- elaboration of the Protocol: Implementation Concept (draft, final version)
- WP5: PROMOTECGs AS AN INNOVATIVE SYSTEMATIC EDUCATIONAL APPROACH:
- develop the website and social media presence
- develop e-newsletters, press releases & dissemination materials
- organize 6 multiplier events
- Collective report on challenges related to soft competences
- Didactic courses on CGs development
- Protocol: Implementation Concept
- Blended mobility for CGs development (120 participants)
- Increase in active use of CGs by students and teachers at universities as an innovativetool and to heightenlevel of development of soft competences of students to ultimately make young people more competitive on the labour market. Long term benefits:
- CGs as an systematic educational approach meaningfullyintegrating technologyinto the 21st century education (instead of traditional, rigid way of teaching and learning), that can be applied to other than young people target groups (citizens, workers).
- Existence of Protocol: Implementation Concept - structure aimed at guaranteeing the Project sustainability.